Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pukies, and other Bad Product Names

Okay so this post is a little different. I'm not going to say these items are "unnecessary" but I have another grievance. Why is it the baby industry seems to foster all these horrible product/company names?!

Case in point, Pukies Eco-Friendly Clothing. Okay I get it, so they describe their product as "designed to disguise the mess kids create and to hide the fact that kids wear what they eat!" I think that's a great concept and I love that they're eco-friendly. Two pluses! But why on earth do you need to call them Pukies??

How about a few more:

My Breast Friend: Nursing pillow (Ugh, just ugh. Gettin' all Dr. Seuess for breastfeeding huh?)
Hooter Hiders: Ok so I probably don't even nee to tell you what this product does (ok if you must - it's a nursing cover up) but don't remind me of cheap hot wings when I'm thinking of mother's milk
Diaper Dude: They make a line of dad friendly diaper bags (Does he really want to be called a "Dude" in this scenario?)

My one suspicion as to why the baby industry goes so far on a limb with their naming conventions - to be DIFFERENT. They are trying anything to be different because there are SO many players out there ;) Probably too many. Making the job of us parent-shoppers that much harder.

Have I missed any other horribly named baby products? I'm quite certain this list isn't even close to be complete. So please, comment below and share the love!


The Pukies Boy Track Jacket in "Ketchup"

No comments:

Post a Comment